Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Collective Haul ft. Mac, Clinique, Maybelline, and La Roche-Posay

IMG_1494

I might be new to beauty blogging, but I'm definitely not a beginner when it comes to buying way too many beauty products. Since I'm a broke student, these items were not purchased in one go but I haven't really used any of them yet so that counts as a haul right? I say yes! These are all products I've been lusting over for months, and chances are you're familiar with most if not all of them.

La Roche-Posay Effacer Duo+: I've seen this floating around online for what feels like forever and I'm really excited to see what all the fuss is about. I went to three separate Shopper's and they were all sold out of it (which made me want it even more) so I'm going to take that as a good sign. I have sensitive skin that's relatively clear, except the pores on my nose are always clogged no matter what I do so I'm praying that this will be the product that finally works for me. I'll do a proper review once I've been using this for a few weeks!

Mac Velvet Teddy, Mac Soar, Maybelline Touch of Spice, Clinique Chubby Contour

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice: This shade is so beautiful and the formula is creamy but not shiny which I love. Very 90s but dark enough that you could rock it as a statement lip for a night out. This looks great over Mac Dervish liner, and I've heard it's a dupe for Mac Twig so stay tuned for a post on that later!

Mac Lipstick in Velvet Teddy: I HAD TO! I don't think this shade needs any explanation because it's so hyped right now and everyone in the world owns it but it's finally mine and I couldn't be happier! It's a beautiful browny pinky colour which I've been pairing with Mac Soar instead of Whirl. I tried on Whirl at the Mac counter but it was just way too brown for me so I love how Soar brings out more of the pink in this shade.

Mac Soar Lip Liner: Nicole already wrote about Soar here so I won't go into detail, but after seeing the great things she had to say about it and how beautiful the colour is I had to have it. This has been sold out near me for months and I managed to get the last one so yay for me! Other than Velvet Teddy, this looks freaking awesome with Mac Brave and on it's own.

Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour: How cute is this little chubby stick?! I am a complete noob to contouring and those beautiful powder countering kits just overwhelm me at this point so I thought I would stick to something that looked relatively simple until I get the hang of it. I haven't actually used this on my face yet, but it's super pigmented and creamy which gives me high hopes. The colour looks pretty scary and very very brown against my fair skin so fingers crossed this actually blends and I don't look like a Halloween character.

Mac Velvet Teddy, Mac Soar, Maybelline Touch of Spice, Clinique Chubby Contour

From top to bottom: Mac Soar, Mac Velvet Teddy, Maybelline Touch of Spice, Clinique Chubby Contour in 01 (the only shade available right now I believe).

And that's it! What have you guys been buying lately?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ugh, I'm so jealous that we don't have the Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Mattes in the UK, I'm dying to try them! x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so jealous of what you guys have in the UK! Our Bourjois counter here is so poop there's only like a quarter of the products available that you guys have!

      Delete
  2. Love Effaclar duo+ I go through them so quickly! It's a must have for blemishes!

    hushhush990,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig