Monday, March 30, 2015

A Little Bit of Smashbox

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara and Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Pink Lady

Smashbox is a brand that's never really been on my radar, probably because the only item I've ever owned from them is a concealer that wasn't the greatest and I'm pretty sure is now discontinued. However, I received these two items as a gift a long time ago and I figured now was a good time to test them out and let you guys know my thoughts!

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss: Can we all just take in how beautiful this packaging is? It's so sleek and elegant! It seems to be made of glass instead of plastic, which to me screams high end. Despite its gorgeousness, I was a little hesitant to try this product because I'm generally not a fan of lip glosses. I only own one other gloss, and the only reason I bought it was because I heard it was the exact colour Blair Waldorf wore at her wedding on Gossip Girl (I know I know I'm such a geek). I think lip gloss looks so fun and flirty on, but I can't stand the stickiness and how it lasts about 5 seconds. Putting my biases aside I'm going to try and give a description of this gloss the best way that I can. The shade I received is called Pink Lady, which is a nude shade that leans a little over on the pink side. What I actually really liked about it is that it has very little shine--it's just straight up colour with a bit of sheen that makes lips look plumper. What I didn't like about it is that it clung to the dry bits of my lips and accentuated my flaws, but I would attribute that to how light the colour is rather than the actual formula. Overall, a really good gloss if you like lip gloss but not my favourite colour in the world.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: This mascara gets 4/5 stars on the Sephora website, which is pretty excellent considering how picky people are with their mascara. I'm one of those people, and it takes some serious guns to impress me. The first thing I noticed was that the brush is huge. The picture doesn't do it justice at all! I would compare it to Benefit's Bad Gal or even Diorshow in terms of how big it is. I was also really impressed with how the brush carries the perfect amount of mascara. I'm so used to having to wipe excess mascara on a tissue or on the opening of the bottle to avoid clumps or black crap all over my eyelid. This doesn't do that at all which gives it serious points in my book. My only hesitation before applying was that I'm generally a fan of curved brushes (think Benefit's Rollerlash or Maybelline's Falsies), so I didn't think this would work perfectly on me. I was kind of right. While this isn't my holy grail mascara, it does give me a decent amount of length with lots of volume and no clumps. It's pretty perfect for everyday wear if you're into the natural look. So all in all, do I love it? No... but if you have naturally long eyelashes and not little stubs like me, you probably will!

Have you tried any of these products?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have never tried anything from smashbox. They are currently available in my country, need to find some online place that ships. I would love to try their products!

    hushhush990@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig