Sunday, March 22, 2015

Get The Look: Bachelor Contestant Britt's Signature Fuchsia Lip

IMG_1370

I don't know about you guys, but I am freaking obsessed with the Bachelor/the Bachelorette. I've been watching since the first season aired in 2002 (I wasn't even 10 years old so I turned away at all the kiss bits but still!!). As I've gotten older watching the show has become a bit of a social event because I get together with my friends each week and we make cocktails and bring all sorts of snacks.  It's honestly the highlight of my week (no matter how embarrassing that might be) and I'm so anxious for the new season to start! For those of you who don't watch, Britt was the front runner for a huge amount of the season and she created quite a stir with rumours that she applies makeup before bed and doesn't shower. I think that's all baloney but that's the Bachelor for ya!

IMG_1369Throughout the show Britt rocked a fuchsia lip that tons of people fell in love with. She took to Instagram and revealed it was $1.99 from CVS (my kind of girl), but she didn't mention the brand or colour. I'm assuming it's either Wet N Wild or NYX as these are the only brands I can think of that sell lip products for that cheap, but I can't say for sure. BUT I did look through my lipstick collection and found a bunch of drugstore shades I think are very similar to her signature pout!

L'Oreal Infalliable Lipstick in Forever Fuchsia: This is the shade I think is the most similar to her look. It's super pigmented and creamy, and is definitely one of the higher quality drugstore lipsticks I've tried.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore It Red-Er: Even though the name describes this shade as red, it's very pink. What I love about this lipstick is that it's moisturizing and buildable, so you can wear it relatively sheer or layer it on for a Britt look.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie: I've talked about this shade before on the blog because it's been one of my favourites for a while now. It goes on beautifully and isn't drying, but the finish is slightly shinier than what I've seen Britt wearing. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop and Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Passion: I added these two to the list because they give the look of a bright pink lip without being too overwhelming for those that are a little nervous to rock such bright shades. On their own these colours go on pretty sheer with a subtle hint of colour, but paired together the colour intensifies and is similar to how Pink Pop looks in the tube.

IMG_1302
From top to bottom: Revlon in Raspberry Pie, Maybelline in Who Wore It Red-Er, L'Oreal in Forever Fuchsia, Revlon in Passion, and Revlon in Pink Pop (which looks really crummy on my arm but is actually really pretty I promise!)

Overall, I'm in love with all of these shades and seeing them all swatched makes me want to change out of my sweats and go do my makeup... almost.

Which is your favourite?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hi girls! loving your blog! I have the lip butter one from Revlon but I think I'm liking Who Wore It Red best! great post, ow, and I love how you turn the bachelor in a social event haha x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    latest post: http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I love who wore it red-er too, such a pretty shade :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing shades I love the colors! Ideal for spring time!

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these shades, they look gorgeous!

    Alisha x
    www.beautywithalisha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig