Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mac Twig Dupe?

Mac Twig Dupe

The other day I was scrolling through Pinterest and I found a post that claimed Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice was a dupe for the infamous Mac Twig. I'm a huge fan of drugstore lipsticks and I think so many brands are upping their game and creating lip products that are close if not on par to the quality of high end brands. BUT... I think we can all agree there's nothing quite like the shades Mac offers, which is why I was really excited to see this potential dupe!

Mac Twig Dupe

Mac Twig Dupe

I'm always really skeptical of these Pinterest dupe posts because too often shades are misrepresented in photos and it's really hard to determine how similar colours are to one another. My first impression was that in the tube the shades are not the same. Twig is more of a rosy brown with a touch of red, whereas Touch of Spice looks a lot more pink. Because Twig is a Satin finish and Touch of Spice is a creamy matte, both shades glide on super smooth and the finish is identical. Neither are drying which is also a huge plus for my already dry lips.

Mac Twig Dupe

Can you guess which is which? I expected Twig to be the deeper shade, but Maybelline Touch of Spice is actually the top swatch. As you can see, both of these shades look different applied than in the tube, but they're still slightly different. Touch of Spice has more of a red undertone whereas Twig is a lot browner. So... while this may not be a dupe per say, they're still very similar and you can probably easily convince anyone you were wearing Twig if you were wearing Touch of Spice.

Dupe debunked! What do you think of these two shades?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Pretty similar colors! I need to try them both! I don't own these shades yet.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to be headed to the store for Touch Of Spice very soon!!

    www.rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig