Monday, March 16, 2015

My 5 Minute and 5 Product Face

IMG_1371People that know me might read the title "5 minute face" and laugh--I'm looking at you mom--because it isn't a secret that I am probably the slowest person on the planet at getting ready. It isn't because I wear a ton of makeup or I don't know what I'm doing, but it's because I make it a huge process. I take out my laptop, put on Netflix, and sit in front of the mirror for waaaaay too long dilly dallying. Those same people will also know that I hate waking up early, and I'll do just about anything to give myself a few extra minutes of sleep, including sacrificing my beauty routine. So on days where I roll out of bed 20 minutes before I'm supposed to be in class, these are the products I use to achieve a really quick but still put together look.

IMG_1342_2First I use Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Perfector BB Cream. This stuff has been my holy grail face product for years, and since discovering it I've stopped wearing foundation altogether. Because BB cream is best applied with clean hands rather than sponges or foundation brushes, it takes under 20 seconds to achieve flawless looking skin.

On days where I need a little extra coverage, I apply concealer under my eyes or on problem areas like around my nose. Right now I'm using L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer.

Bronzer has always been one of my favourite beauty products because it makes my skin look so much more radiant and healthy. Right now I'm using Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna, which I raved about here. I lightly dust this all over my face, and then apply a little extra to the hollows of my cheeks. 

Eyeliner is another product I know a lot of people go without, but I always feel a little naked without at least a little bit. I apply Marcelle Double Precision Liquid Eyeliner Pen to the outer corners of my upper lash line, and extend it into a very subtle wing. This is just enough to make my lashes look fuller and my eyes a little wider.

Last, I apply mascara to finish the look. Right now I'm using Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara which I'm absolutely obsessed with because it only takes one coat to give my lashes a ton of length, and on mornings where I'm in a rush I can forego my eyelash curler.

IMG_1347_2
And I'm done! I know I skipped brows, blush, and some sort of lip colour but those tend to take a backseat when I'm in a rush.

What does your 5 minute face routine look like?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm soooo on the same page!!! The balance between sleep and looking fierce is sometimes tough lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous products. I am absolutely obsessed with Benefit's Roller Lash mascara too - it's so good! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig