Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Favourite Everyday Lip | Mac Dervish Lip Liner and Mac Brave Lipstick



Hi guys!!!! I'm currently lying in bed right now with the world's worst hangover so I'm going to try and make this post sound as peppy as I can (even though I'm dying inside). Someone please order me a pizza with a side of bagel STAT.



I have a secret. I'm a Mac lipstick virgin. Up until recently I had never bought one so I never fully understood the hype that surrounded them. Yes they're beautiful and they come in so many gorgeous shades but how much better than normal lipstick could they be? It turns out SO MUCH BETTER. I am mad at all the people in my life who use Mac lipstick and never encouraged me to buy one, so thank goodness I have you fellow beauty bloggers to steer me in the right direction.



The shades I chose are the cult favourite "Brave" (a Kylie Jenner favourite I've heard but I'm sure I'm very late to this bandwagon) and a lip liner in "Dervish". I'm told that Brave looks stunning with the Soar liner which Nicole reviewed here, but she's hoarding it at the moment so I can't say for sure.

Brave is a beautiful rosy shade on its own, and Dervish is slightly darker than the colour of my natural lips. When paired together Brave looks a little darker, and it's easily become my new favourite everyday lip. The colours looks great with my skin tone and it just makes me look very polished and put together. As for the application and wear of this lipstick..... holy crap!!! It goes on like silk, doesn't dry out my lips, and it lasts me for hours. I'm in love which worries me because I can't afford to become addicted to Mac lipsticks right now! Eeep.



Here are the two shades swatched side by side so you can see how similar they are to each other. I've also tried Dervish with loads of other lipstick colours (even red), and since it's so neutral it looks great under them all. If you're new to liners like me and can't afford to match all of your lipsticks to a unique liner colour, purchase Dervish! It'll increase the wear time of whatever shade you pair it with, and it'll prevent colours from bleeding or feathering.

What do you think of this combo?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I feel like I NEED these lip products.. they look so amazing!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I still store them in the boxes they came in because they're so pretty!

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely, I've nominated you for the Liebster Awards, please go to midnightmistx.blogspot.co.uk for your questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! The photos are really nice and I love your blog :)

    Sarah | http://sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually don't have any mac lipsticks either but this is probably the exact color i would get!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased Cosmetic product from Awesome bazar like as buy lip liner online Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination . Find At https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/lips/lip-liner.html

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig