Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Trip to Sephora | Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder and Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon


I'm wrapping up my last year of my undergraduate degree this semester and things have been insanely hectic. When my housemates suggested going to the mall to check out Sephora I jumped at the chance to throw away my books for a couple of hours and shop. I didn't purchase a crazy amount of items (which is so easy to do and so hard to resist) but I did pick up a couple of things that I'm really excited about.


Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna
The first thing I picked up isn't a new pick, as it's been my go-to bronzer for a couple of years now. Before purchasing Laguna I didn't see the point of splurging on a high end bronzer when my drugstore products were a fraction of the price and could do a similar job, but I was sooooo wrong! I'm a huge fan of Nars products and find them to be extremely high quality, and this bronzer is no exception. It's a beautiful bronze colour that compliments my fair skin perfectly, and it's very buildable. This makes it wearable no matter how fair or tanned I may be because it's super easy to up the intensity and colour depending on my needs. I wouldn't describe it as a matte bronzer because it does have a little bit of shimmer to it, but it's very subtle and you'll by no means end up looking like a disco ball. It's also super long lasting and the colour doesn't fade much throughout the day. My only complaint about this product is the price ($45 at Sephora) but it lasts for ages, and the packaging is resistant to falls that have too often shattered my bronzers in the past.


Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer
I got this product as a free sample by redeeming some of my Beauty Insider points! The size is very generous and I can imagine that even though it's not full size it'll still last me a while. I've only used this liner a couple of times so far, but I'm already so impressed with it. It has a gel formula but in the form of a crayon with a built in sharpener. I've always loved gel liners but find the pot and brush method can get messy and tedious, so this solves that problem. It also has great colour payoff AND it's waterproof, which is a huge plus for me. Since this liner has a built in sharpener, I find it difficult to draw on wings because I can't get the lines sharp enough, but that's my only complaint. You can purchase Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon here.


Overall, I'm really happy with both of these products. Have you tried either of these?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try the Nars Laguna bronzer, it definitely sounds like it's worth the money!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly so is! I don't think I'll ever buy a different bronzer

      Delete
  2. Your blog pictures are so pretty! And we both have fruits in our blog names... sorta :) Love your posts so far.
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet thank you so much! Your blog is so pretty also! Love the disney post :)

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig