Saturday, April 11, 2015

Drugstore Acne Solutions

Drugstore Acne Solutions

Since I was probably 12 years old I've been prone to the odd blemish here and there. I can't say that I've ever had a serious problem with acne, but there was a point where I always had at least one pesky spot and it completely ruined my confidence for a long time. I'm not one of those people that can just be patient and leave my skin alone, so I've tried just about every drugstore product in hopes of finding a miracle acne treatment. These are the products I currently own so I thought I would let you guys know what has or hasn't worked for me!

Clean & Clear Advantage Plus Popped Pimple Drying Paste: I know you're not supposed to pop your pimples because of scarring and yada yada but I'll admit it--I always do it! Whenever it happens I come out of the bathroom sulking because I made my face look a trillion times worse than before and I swear up and down I'll never do it again but of course I do. This product is actually great because it completely dries up spots in a really short period of time. Imagine this as toothpaste that won't burn your skin. It doesn't go on clear and has a bit of a bluish tint so you'll look pretty stupid when you have this on but you can't win them all!

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Hydrating Acne Treatment: I LOVE this stuff! I heard it was going to be discontinued so I currently have about four bottles in my bathroom cabinet. It's more of a moisturizer than a spot treatment and has a gel consistency that smells a little like cucumbers. This just makes my skin look a lot clearer and more radiant and doesn't dry it out too bad! It's also a great little multitasker because it helps prevent ingrown hairs, so I apply it to my bikini line whenever I wax/shave/epilate/whatever! Love love love it.

Drugstore Acne Solutions

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Vanishing Treatment Cream: This stuff is your very typical clear spot treatment. When I first tried it I thought it was the holy grail of all spot treatments but it seems like my skin has gotten used to it because it doesn't work nearly as well as it used to. Still, this is definitely my go-to when I have red spots that haven't quite surfaced, and it usually nips them right in the bud.

Clean & Clear Persa Gel: This stuff is really similar to the Clearasil version but doesn't work nearly as well. If I apply this on top of a popped pimple 100% of the time I'll wake up and the pimple will be back or worse than before. I know you're not supposed to be popping them in the first place but this is the only product I've tried that does this, so overall if you're looking for a good spot treatment I wouldn't turn to this one.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+: This is my newest product of the bunch! I've been using it for about three or maybe four weeks now so I feel like it's a little too soon to give my full opinion, but so far it's my favourite of the bunch. I use it as an all over moisturizer and I apply it to spots I feel like might be surfacing. I think I've had one teeny tiny blemish since using this and my skin has just looked so much more even and brighter. I have really dry skin so sometimes this causes flakes around my nose, but every single moisturizer that hasn't broken me out has done this so I don't mind. My only complaint is that it hasn't helped at all with clogged pores or blackheads which is what I bought it for, but I'm hoping it will eventually.

What are your favourite acne treatments?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without effaclar duo+ it's great product.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the clearasil one, but it also stops working after a tube or two like you said. The clean and clear one is definitely not as effective as the clearasil for me either. I still want to try the effaclar duo, but I am currently on prescription stuff and they have been working pretty well for me.
    Anu,
    www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using prescription cream for a little but it was reeeeeally drying and my skin was a peely mess. I probably should have stuck it out because I know sometimes it takes a while for skin to adjust but I was too impatient!

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig