Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Mel's March Favourites

Mel's March Favourites

Ahhhhhhh I can't believe it's April! This is going to be a huge month for me. I'm moving to Edmonton for four months to live with my boyfriend who stinks and moved away for an eight month internship, I'm finishing my last year ever as an undergraduate student, I'm writing finals, and I have to say goodbye to my best friends in the world who I've been living with for the past four years. I'm freaking out just thinking about it so I need to stop and instead reflect on March!! I discovered a bunch of products this month that I've been absolutely obsessed with, and these are the ones I've been reaching for the most.

Vaseline Spray & Go in Aloe Fresh: This has been my go-to moisturizer since the day I bought it and it's absolutely perfect for days when I'm feeling too lazy to do a full moisturizing routine (aka most days). It smells great, absorbs almost instantly, and the bottle is really cute! What more could you want? I did a full review on Vaseline Spray & Go here.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+: This is a product I had insanely high hopes for, and so far it hasn't disappointed. I've been using it in place of my regular moisturizer two times a day, and it's made a huge differences in terms of evening out my skin tone and preventing breakouts (I haven't had one since I started using this a few weeks ago... knock on wood!). It still hasn't significantly cleared my clogged pores on my nose, but I read that it can take up to five weeks before I notice any massive change in my skin so I'm going to stick with it and see what happens.

Benefit Watt's Up: This technically isn't a new product of mine, but it's still one of my favourites. It's a beautiful champagne colour highlighter with a little bit of shimmer that gives my skin an amazing glow. It's the easiest thing in the world to apply and I just love it.

Mel's March Favourites

L'Oreal Nutri-Shimmer Shine Detangling Care: This is among my top two favourite drugstore hair products. I spray this about five times on either side of my head after getting out of the shower, and it leaves me with absolutely zero tangles. Those of you with long hair know how much of a pain it is to get a brush through wet hair, but this stuff completely takes away that hassle. It's saved my hair from a lot of damage, it smells good, and it's cheap!

Mac Lipstick in Brave: I saved the best for last!!! This lipstick has become my favourite of all time. The colour is a beautiful pink that's perfect for everyday wear, and the satin finish goes on really smoothly. For a more natural look I wear this on its own or on top of Mac Dervish liner, but if I want to look super polished I'll wear it on top of Mac Soar liner. I recently found a $4.50 dupe for this lipstick that I'm really excited about so stay tuned! For swatches of Brave and Dervish look here, and for a swatch of Soar look here.

What are your March favourites?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Wow, sounds like you've got a crazy month coming up! Great Favourites choices by the way, I love Mac lipsticks but I've never tried Brave. I have tried the Vaseline Spray and Watt's Up however, and I love them both. x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pretty new to Mac lipsticks so if you have any shades you can recommend let me know :)!

      Delete
  2. Being nosey and reading your reply to Ally - Velvet Teddy is the most beautiful Mac shade ever if you're looking for a new one to try. It's my all time favourite.
    Also, thank you SO much for alerting me to Vaseline Spray & Go. I am a seriously dedicated moisturizer (even when I reeeally cannot be bothered I force myself to) so this is like a heaven for me. I can't believe I've never heard of it before, you lifesaver! xx

    LA COCO NOIRE ¦ Lifestyle, Food and Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually own velvet teddy! I LOVE it! It was such a toss up deciding which was my favourite this month but I can guarantee it'll be in my favourites next month :)

      Delete
  3. Love your favourites! And I love the Vaseline spray <3 and looks like I'll need to try the Benefit watt's up! :) I am also here to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebstar award! Link: http://nolifelifelife.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebstar-award.html#more

    www.nolifelifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I love the vaseline spray too, such a time saver!

      Delete
  4. great post! I've been really wanting to try the Vaseline spray and go! would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig