Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spotlight On: Mac Viva Glam I

Mac Viva Glam I Review

Happy Easter weekend everybody! I hope you're all having an awesome time with family and friends. It's almost 11:30 and I'm still sitting on the couch in my pjs so life is great. Anyway!! On to today's post.

The first lipstick I ever wore was a bright red shade from the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss collection. Since then a lot has changed and my lipstick collection has expanded enormously, but I still love the look of a red lip. I feel like it makes me look instantly classier and more put together.  One thing I absolutely hate about red lips is the tendency for the colour to feather/smear or get on my teeth. That's where Mac Viva Glam I comes in!

Mac Viva Glam I Review

Viva Glam I is a really hard shade to explain because it's a dark blue toned red, but it also wears a little bit brown which I think works perfectly with my brown hair and fair skin. Like most Mac lipsticks, it's incredibly long lasting and I never have to worry about putting it on and having it end up on my cheek or chin a couple of hours later (trust me this has happened to me tooooooo many times and it's so embarrassing to have someone be like "mel you have red crap all over your face"). Since it's a matte finish it's a little bit drying, so definitely moisturize and/or exfoliate before application! Personally this is something I can deal with even though my lips are already insanely dry because there's nothing quite as pretty as a matte red lip, plus it makes teeth look super white.

Mac Viva Glam I Review

Since this lipstick is part of Mac's Viva Glam collection, 100% of the proceeds go to the Mac Aids Fund, so you don't have to feel guilty about forking over $20 for another lipstick that you don't need but convince yourself you do. Anyway, Mac Viva Glam I is PERFECT in every way and I can't praise it enough.

What's your favourite Mac red? 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ahhh this is such a beautiful shade! I featured it in my March Favourites as I couldn't stop wearing it last month. Great review :)

    nicola-time.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful deep red. Love this shade.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried any of the Viva Glam's but that one looks beautiful. Great review :) x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig