Friday, April 17, 2015

The BEST 90s Drugstore Lip Combo


 It isn't a secret that I'm obsessed with 90s inspired mauvey brown lipsticks and lip liners. I really love how a liner can change the colour of any lipstick, making it darker or more on the pink/brown side, and I think these types of shades suite my skin tone really well. My favourites lately have been Mac Soar, Mac Brave, and Mac Velvet Teddy. It probably isn't a surprise that these are all Mac shades, but I've been on the hunt for more affordable options and I've finally found them! I seriously haven't been this excited about drugstore products ever!! I'm completely in love.

The shades I picked up are Milani Lip Liner in Spice, and Milani Matte Lipstick in Naked. Let's start with the lipstick. I can't even describe to you guys how beautiful the colour is. I would say it's pinker than Mac Velvet Teddy, but browner than Mac Brave... so a perfect mix between the two. It's seriously the perfect everyday lip colour, and I've been wearing it non-stop since I bought it. It goes on super creamy but dries down to a matte finish, and IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE! Need I say more? It's also $6 in comparison to $20 at Mac. For you Canadian girls, I found Milani at Loblaws (the only place I've seen the brand ever).


I'm equally obsessed with the Milani Lip Liner in Spice. It applies just as creamy as my Mac liners, which I know is a bold statement but they really do! They're a little drying overtime but not much worse than what you would find from Mac. When you apply, they don't tug on the lips and they glide right on. The colour is also insanely beautiful and looks awesome as a statement lip paired with Naked. If you're not as fair as me it'll look a lot more neutral. The colour is pinker than Mac Whirl, but browner than Mac Soar.


I've never received so many compliments on a lip colour ever. Two of my friends recently asked what I was wearing and went out and bought the same shades. These are already firm favourites in my collection and it's taking a lot of willpower to not go out and buy more colours. You all need to check them out for me so I can live vicariously through you!

Have you tried anything by Milani?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this brand before, is it available in the UK? Love the pigmentation of those. I'm definitely going to check them out, I can't get enough of 90's nudes at the moment.

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure about availability in stores but I know you can order them right off the Milani website!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of or tried Milani products but they look great! Lovely post!

    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried anything by them up until this point but I'm already in love! Their blushes also look amazing

      Delete
  3. milani products are sooo great for the price. I've been a little afraid of trying this trend, but I'd be comfortable with products from the drugstore.

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! Drugstore products are really great for trying trends you feel like you might not be able to pull off! That's how I started with the 90s trend and now I have a laundry list long full of similar looking shades I want to try :)

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig