Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Perfect Red Lipstick: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red

 Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red

I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT RED LIPSTICK!! *jumps up and down* Okay, so I know there are a ton of beautiful red lipsticks out there, and every single lipstick line has their own version of the "perfect" red but I have officially found the prettiest one ever: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red. I wore it for the first time to test out the formula last night and I received more compliments than I could count which made me feel great all night! I'm awful at describing colours but it's a blue toned deep but bright red. Something about the colour or the formula makes my lips look about double the size which is also a huge bonus.

Colour aside, I tried out the formula of this liquid lipstick last night because I knew I would be eating and drinking non-stop, so it was really put to the test. The first thing I noticed is that it's really difficult to apply (but this might be because I'm a liquid lipstick newbie). I had to take it off at one point and start over because I was starting to look like the joker, so I tried again using Mac Cherry Lip Liner to line my lips and create some sort of guide. This made application a zillion times easier and the two are a stunning combo.

Since this is a liquid lipstick it goes on wet and dries down to a matte finish, so during application pretend like you're painting something. In other words, don't purse your lips together like you would with normal lipstick until it's completely dry, or your lips will end up sticking together and colour will transfer everywhere!

 Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red
Swatches from top to bottom: Sephora 01 Always Red, Mac Ruby Woo, Mac Viva Glam I

I've swatched the colour next to Mac Ruby Woo and Mac Viva Glam I so you can see that it's a true red, with no hint of pink, orange, or brown like a lot of other reds have. It's by far the least drying matte lipstick I own which really surprised me because I thought it would be the driest! If you want to see the colour in action, check out here and here to see some photos on my Instagram!

Now the most important part: wear time. It looked flawless for about 3.5 hours with a lot of drinking and light eating (crackers). It stayed looking pretty good up until about 5 hours, and then it started to come off on the bottom of my upper lip and the top of my bottom lip. I forgot to bring the lipstick out with me so I looked like a hot mess after 6 hours and had to scrub most of it off. The good thing about this product is that it's no problem at all to reapply. Every other lipstick I've tried (including retro matte finishes) need to be reapplied after a couple hours because my lips just don't like lipstick apparently, so having to touch up every 4 or 5 hours instead of every 2 hours is huuuuuge!

All in all, this is a complete rave review and I'm so excited to try more colours! If you want a long lasting beautiful red lipstick that's matte but not drying (so basically if you're anybody in the world because everybody wants that) BUY THIS!

What's the best liquid lipstick you've tried?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love red lipsticks! I'll definitely have to check this one out :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I wish we could get Sephora products more easily here in the UK. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it as a blessing hahah I go there way too often and my wallet hates me for it

      Delete
  3. Looks stunning, love these kind of shades.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good ! I really need to try it , i heard so many good things about it , the only think that i'm worry about it's that maybe it will be quite messy...i don't know... ^_^

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty135

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little messy but not too bad! If you use a lip liner (I use Mac Cherry) it's perfect!

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig