Tuesday, May 19, 2015

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Kit | First Impressions

IMG_2666
I have really dry sensitive skin and I'm always on the hunt for products that'll give me the moisture I need but won't cause any breakouts. I've heard amazing things about First Aid Beauty for my skin type so I decided to give the brand a try! I bought the Ultra Repair Kit online which is limited edition and includes four full size products all valued at $108. At $53, the kit was a total steal and a great way to try some of their most popular products.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: It's hard to tell from the picture but this is a maaaaassive tub of cream! It's large enough that I can use it on my face and all over my body without feeling like I'm wasting it all. It's really moisturizing but gentle enough that I can use it on my face and it doesn't break me out! I wouldn't say it's a holy grail product but I might not have used it long enough to say for sure.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy: I have the driest lips EVEEER and I'm always searching for a holy grail lip balm. I wanted so badly for this to be the one because I've read so many rave reviews about it but I hated it! I know hate is a strong word but it was horrible. It didn't provide any instant relief, the product sat on top of my lips, and it did absolutely nothing to improve the look/feel of them. I woke up in the morning with a fat lip so I must have had some sort of allergic reaction to it. I have celiac disease and the product has colloidal oatmeal in it so I'm thinking that might be the reason? I'm convinced that I must have gotten a bad batch because I can't imagine that a lip balm this bad could be so universally loved.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Kit Review


First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask:  Even though this product contains oatmeal I didn't have any reaction to it which I'm really relieved about! I'm thinking that with the lip balm I might have accidentally ingested it since it was on my lips, so I was really careful to keep this product far far faaaar away from my mouth. I don't know why but I was expecting it to have a chunky sort of consistency (like oatmeal) but it's pretty smooth except for some very small chunks. There's something so relaxing about applying a face mask and this one is awesome because it doesn't leave skin feeling dry or tight, and when you wash it off your skin will look smoother and cleaner. Again, not a holy grail product but I'm happy!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer: This is hands down my favourite product of the bunch. It's lightweight, absorbs into the skin instantly (and by instantly I mean INSTANTLY) and it doesn't break me out. It's the perfect everyday moisturizer if my skin isn't too too dry. On days where I have some flaking I'd probably turn to the Ultra Repair Cream instead.

None of these products are scented, so if that's a concern of yours you'll be very happy with these!

Have you tried any First Aid Beauty products?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    (ღˇ◡ˇ)♥(ˇ∗ˇღ)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig