Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mac Brave Drugstore Dupe

Mac Brave Dupe
Since discovering Mac Brave it's quickly become my favourite lipstick of all time. I've talked about it countless times on here but I'm going to keep talking about it because I love it so much! It's the perfect pinky nude that looks amazing on its own or paired with Mac Dervish liner or Mac Soar liner.  It's pretty similar to Mac Faux but I'd say it's a little bit on the pinker side. I think it's one of those shades that would look great on cool or warm skin tones and there's a reason that everyone raves about it.

Since discovering it I've been on the hunt to find a drugstore dupe because I'm notorious for losing my lipsticks, and I wanted a cheaper alternative that I could bring out with me for touch ups on nights I don't trust myself (aka nights where there might be a couple drinks involved). I'm so excited because I've finally found it!

Mac Brave Dupe
As you can see, NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar is almost an exact dupe. Even though Brave is a satin finish and Whipped Caviar is a matte finish, NYX's matte line doesn't fully dry down to a matte finish and leaves a stain so I would say the formula is virtually identical. Whipped Caviar is slightly more drying, but for half the price of Brave it's definitely worth adding to your collection. If Brave is sold out in Mac stores near you or you can't stomach forking over the $20 for it you need Whipped Caviar! If you're Canadian and have a hard time finding NYX in stores I found mine at Rexall.

What do you think of this dupe?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I think it's pretty close colour and for this price well worth the money.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig