Friday, May 29, 2015

My Thoughts On | Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fig

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fig

Since my discovery of liquid lipsticks I thought it was about time that I tried the hyped and loved Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. I was nervous to try this product because I've read that they have a glossy finish which I don't usually like, especially when it comes to brighter shades. I decided to play it safe and picked up only one shade--Fig, a beautiful mauve colour (because you can never have too many mauve lipsticks) to test the waters.

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fig

First of all, the colour is sooooo stunning. When you first put it on it almost looks like a purple colour, but once it dries down it becomes a beautiful dark mauve that I've been wearing on a daily basis. It's one of those colours that would look good with virtually any eye look so it's perfect for everyday wear or even paired with a smoky eye for night! The finish is also completely different than I expected. It isn't glossy at all! It has a bit of a sheen to it but it dries down to a semi-matte finish (maybe comparable to Mac Satin finish lipsticks or Sephora Lustre Matte's). It doesn't have the longest staying power compared to liquid lipsticks like Sephora Cream Lip Stain, but it stains the crap out of your lips and it doesn't fade patchy or uneven. It will transfer a little so it isn't kiss proof, but it will resist talking, drinking, and light eating.

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fig

Too Faced Melted Lipsticks have a sponge tip applicator which I thought looked a little weird at first, but I was surprised at how easy to apply it actually is. You have to squeeze the tube to get the product out of the applicator, but the perfect amount comes out each time so you never have to worry about too much coming out and having a goopy mess everywhere. I found that application was the easiest if I continuously squeezed the tube as I was applying it. If you have a sharp cupid's bow like Nicole does you might want to touch up with a lip brush, but I was able to get pretty crisp lines using just the applicator.

Overall I'm in love with these and I'm itching to pick up a zillion more shades!

What do you think of Too Faced Melted Lipsticks?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try these too but I keep hearing mixed reviews. Glad to hear you liked it though, the colour is stunning!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really pretty! I've yet to try these out, but I'm heading to Sephora today so I'll definitely take a look at the different shades!
    Thanks for sharing, xx
    Krista

    Love, Krista | www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these look amazing but I haven't tried them myself! The color is beautiful, love it! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my melted lipstick, and the formula is incredible. It's a lipstick so of course it will transfer. Speaking of the Sephora lip creams, I love those too but I wish they didn't transfer!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this color and I absolutely love it! It's such a unique shade. I would definitely purchase another!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig