Friday, May 8, 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties #1

Products I've Used Up | Empties #1
I've been collecting empty products for AGES to do a post like this and the other day I realized that the bag had gotten so big that if I were to talk about them all in one go you guys would be reading for an hour. So I decided to divide it up and only talk about a few products at a time. I'll let you know what I thought about the product and if I'd repurchase or not.

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Water: This product is amazing and started what's going to be a life long addition with micellar waters. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean, and it removes even waterproof makeup. I wrote a full review a while back here. Would I repurchase? Yes... but because it's so expensive I'm trying to find a micellar water I love equally but for less money.

L'Oreal Nutri-Shimmer Shine Detangling Care Review
L'Oreal Nutri-Shimmer Shine Detangling Care: I talked about this product in my March favourites here, and I'm in love with it. It smells great, I can spray a ton in my hair without it leaving residue or causing my hair to feel crunchy, and it really works! I spray it on wet hair after I get out of the shower and when I brush it I have zero tangles. Would I repurchase? YES YES!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: This is the #1 best selling moisturizer on the Sephora website but it didn't wow me. It's a great everyday moisturizer and didn't make me break out which is definitely a positive but it wasn't strong enough for my dry skin, and I'd find myself applying multiple layers to give my skin the moisture it needs. Would I repurchase? No, but I would try the gel version!

Sephora 2 in 1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Gel Review
Sephora 2 in 1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Gel: An employee at Sephora recommended this to me because I'm prone to lash fallout if my makeup remover isn't gentle enough. I hate to be negative, but I really didn't like this product. It didn't remove my makeup unless I scrubbed my eyes, which obviously led to my lashes falling out. Sometimes I'd have four or five come out on a cotton pad which left me with patchy eyelashes for a few months. I can't find this on the Sephora website so I'm assuming it's discontinued or being reformulated? Would I repurchase? Even if I had the option, I definitely wouldn't. 

Someday Perfume by Justin Bieber: Not that there's anything wrong with being a Justin Bieber fan, but I've never liked him. This perfume on the other hand... I LOVE. It smells so good without being too sickly sweet and it's really cheap! The packaging kind of reminds me of Marc Jacobs. It's definitely a guilty pleasure that I get a little embarrassed talking about but if you've tried this perfume you probably understand. Would I repurchase? I already have (heheh).

Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Volumizing Mascara Review

Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Volumizing Mascara: Besides having the longest name in the history of mascaras, this product did absolutely nothing for my lashes. I saw so many great reviews on YouTube and I was so excited to try it because it's an absolute steal in terms of price, but it didn't curl or lengthen my lashes. It might have added a little bit of volume but nothing to write home about. Would I repurchase? Nope.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. haha someday perfume really does smell amazing! and shame about the mascara, Maybelline mascaras are usually good! :)

    sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Falsies is one of my favourite mascaras

      Delete
  2. to make your eye lashes stronger apply vaseline on them before go to bed, you are going to see a huge difference after a couple weeks i think that also make them grow faster . I hope my advice helps you
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely try that :)

      Delete
  3. I love Maybelline mascara's. I agree with what you said above Falsies is also one of my favorites! I just bought their Lash Sensational and I love it! I'm sad to hear Pumped Up didn't work well. But I'll have to try the detangler for sure! I've been looking for a good detangler for a long time now. My hair is super thick and even when short I always have the hardest time keeping it smooth and tangle free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good one is the Live Clean Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner if you have thick hair! It isn't a detangler but it works like one and it makes my hair look and feel amazing!

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any of these products. I will check them out.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig