Friday, May 15, 2015

Rimmel London Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour vs. Sephora Cream Lip Stain

Rimmel London Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour vs. Sephora Cream Lip StainAs if my obsession with lipsticks wasn't big enough already, I've recently discovered liquid lipsticks (I know I know I'm insanely late on this) and I've been trying to test out different brands to figure out what formula is my favourite. So far I've tried a few, but I was especially curious to figure out how liquid lipsticks from the drugstore compare to high end brands. Right now my favourite high end liquid lipstick is the Sephora Cream Lip Stain which I reviewed in full here, but I've also heard great things about the Rimmel London Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour so I tested them both to figure out how they compare to each other!

The first thing I noticed is that the Provocalips applies a little sheer and uneven so it usually takes two coats to fully cover the lips. It's dual ended, so the first end gives colour while the second end keeps the lipstick in place and adds a little bit of shine. If you're thinking about skipping the second step, DON'T, because the formula is really sticky without it and it'll feel like you're wearing glue on your lips. It has a faint chemical smell to it but it's nothing too dramatic. As far as how long-lasting it is, it didn't budge until I ate dinner. Even then the colour was removed only from the inside of my lips, but it was definitely noticeable enough to have to reapply.

There were a few things I didn't love about the Provocalips. First, the finish isn't completely matte which could be something you love or hate depending on your preferences. It's also insanely hard to remove!! A wet baby wipe  and miscellar water wouldn't do it, so I had to run to the store and buy an oil based eye makeup remover which finally worked. Lastly, you can't reapply without removing it first because it'll look splotchy and uneven which is a pain, so I wouldn't recommend wearing it on days you'll be out for hours or won't have access to makeup remover.

Rimmel London Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour vs. Sephora Cream Lip Stain Swatches from top to bottom: Rimmel London Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour in Play with Fire and Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red

You can see from the swatch how uneven and sheer it first applies, but I feel like this wouldn't be as big of a problem with the lighter shades.

All in all, Sephora Cream Lip Stain is in a league of its own and it's just soooo much better. It's opaque, fully matte, it lasts forever on your lips and you can easily reapply without having to remove it. It's also a lot easier to remove! It's about double the price of Rimmel's Provocalips but at $16 it's priced at the lower end of high end liquid lipsticks and it's worth every penny. If you're trying to decide between the two your choice should be really easy!

Have you tried either of these products?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. DEfinitely the provocalips looks so much better, that color is gorgeous
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sephora one too, it's a great formula! I was thinking about trying the Rimmel London, but maybe I'll hold off. Thanks for your great review on both products, I love when bloggers compare two similar products!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) and I would! I haven't reached for it at all since I bought it

      Delete
  3. I am so glad I didn't buy the Rimmel one! I thought of getting it but then I swatched in my hand at the store and I hated it! It's so uneven and it's look any good! I might try the Sephora one then! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's hands down the best formula I've tried :)

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig