Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Holy Grail of Beach Sprays

IMG_2655

If you know me you know that I wear my hair straight 99% of the time, mostly because my hair is already naturally pretty straight so doing it takes under 5 minutes with a blowdryer or flat iron. Still, I've always been obsessed with the way salt water makes my hair look. My hair looks so beautiful and wavy when I'm away on vacation and for years I've been on the hunt for a salt spray that would give me a similar effect without needing to hit the beach. For a while I was starting to think that salt sprays were a gimmick and that there was no way to recreate the look of beach waves outside the beach, but John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Salt Spray has proved me wrong.

First I want to say that I have no idea why it's called "Beach Blonde". It isn't intended specifically for blondes, so the only thing I can think of is that the idea of beachy hair is associated with blondes? It's stupid! Anyway, besides the name I love literally everything about this product. Apparently it was discontinued for years and the brand only recently brought it back due to popular demand. When I found that out I had to try it to see what all the hype was about and oh...my...god I'm so glad I did!!

IMG_2655 - Version 2

Let's start with the smell. This stuff literally smells like summer in a bottle. I guess if I had to describe it I would say it smells like coconut, but it isn't purely coconut and it isn't overpowering. Even when I'm wearing my hair straight I spray this in because of how good it smells. Second, it doesn't dry my hair out at all. I'm not sure how because even ocean water leaves my hair feeling a little dry but this spray is really gentle and leaves zero residue.

The most important thing about this product is IT ACTUALLY WORKS. My expectations were low because of my countless experiments with other beach sprays, but this one rocks. Spray a little bit on damp hair, sit out in the sun or let it air dry, and fool everyone into thinking you spent the day at the beach. Some tips I found that make waves more defined is to scrunch damp hair after application to add a little bit of texture and sort of prepare the waves. I find that the spray doesn't do much to dry hair or if I blow-dry my hair directly after applying it, but you could probably resolve that issue if you have a diffuser or if you use it on days you don't feel like using heat styling tools.

Have you tried John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Salt Spray? What's your favourite salt spray?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been using Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion, but this one sounds good too!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one yet because it's so expensive!

      Delete
  2. Ooo this sounds so good. I have a salt spray but it makes my hair feel crunchy if that makes sense. Does this make your hair stiff?

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not at all! :) I usually spray it in and brush it out which could help, but when I use it my hair doesn't feel like there's any product in it if that makes sense?

      Delete
  3. This sounds like just what I need! I always get so lazy with my hair in the summer, and achieving the perfect beachy waves is tough! Do you know if this is available at all drugstores, or just select ones?

    Check out my blog if you like :)

    Love, Krista | www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it at every drugstore I've been to so far! :) and definitely!

      Delete
  4. I have heard so many great things about this spray. I need to give a go.

    Ana - hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig