Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Ultimate Spring Lipstick

Mac Flat Out Fabulous Review + Swatch

If you've been reading my blog you know I only recently got into Mac lipsticks but I've developed a full fledged obsession ever since. My love for them is unhealthy and I have a wishlist of shades I'm lusting over that's waaaaay too long and ahhh it's going to make me broke!  One shade I've been dying for is Flat Out Fabulous, which is a retro matte shade and I finally bought it. I'm supposed to be "saving" instead of shopping so when I came home from Mac I hid this beautiful baby from my boyfriend in my underwear drawer, but he ended up finding out anyway so the cat's out of the bag and now I get to share my thoughts with you guys!

Mac Flat Out Fabulous Review + Swatch
I'm a huge fan of bold lip colours, but I prefer the look of bright matte shades as opposed to glossy finishes. If you haven't tried a retro matte finish before, you NEED to. It's the most matte you'll ever find from a lipstick and the colours are so intense and beautiful. They tend to be a tad drying, but I found this shade to be less drying than Ruby Woo and when you apply lip balm beforehand it doesn't tug on the lips. One of my favourite things about retro matte finishes in particular is that they last forever on the lips, but you can easily remove them with a dry tissue.

Mac Flat Out Fabulous Review + Swatch
Can we just take in how stunning this colour is? It's so unique and I haven't been able to find anything quite like it at the drugstore or from high end brands. I've heard that the Colourpop Lippie Stix in Heart On is similar but I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure!

Mac Flat Out Fabulous Review + Swatch
If you're looking for a bold shade for Spring and Summer, you need this in your life. It's bright while still being wearable, and it's cool toned so it would look especially good on cool or fair skin tones. I know I'm going to be wearing it nonstop while the weather is still warm (and probably after that too because this shade is too beautiful to not wear all year round).

What do you think of this shade?

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love it, I'm a bit fan of a bold lip. I have one that's a shade darker than this from revlon (one of the colour burst balms) and I wear it all the time. Would be nice to invest in a brighter colour for the summer though!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An investment is a good way to look at it ;) going to convince myself that that's what this was haha

      Delete
  2. That's such a stunning color! I'm a bit too scared to wear bright shades, but I'm sure you'll rock it :)

    xo
    Krista
    Love, Krista | www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) I'm sure you would too!

      Delete
  3. Love this shade!!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a stunning colour, but dear god I would never have the balls to wear this myself. I think I'll be sticking to the nudes this summer..quietly envying any lass who can pull of a purple lip!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it's really not as scary as it looks!

      Delete
  5. That looks so beautiful, I was in the market for Heroine but now I'm not sure! I now need to go to MAC xxx

    justanorwichgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heroine is super purple and I don't think I could pull it off but it's such a stunning shade

      Delete
  6. Flat out fabulous is gorgeous shade, every time i go to the mac store to buy it its sold out.

    themakeupleague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that problem too! So happy I finally got my hands on it :)

      Delete
  7. OMG i want this shade love it x

    salmabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig