Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blackheads Be Gone? La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ vs. Avene Cleanance Expert

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ vs. Avene Cleanance Expert

I'm going to start off by saying I have the weirdest skin type ever. I have the driest skin in the world that always peels and flakes BUT I'm also prone to blackheads/whiteheads on my nose. YUM. I read somewhere that blackheads are usually caused by an overproduction of oil, which just doesn't make any sense to me based on my skin because it looks and feels the complete opposite of oily. Anyway, I've been on the hunt for years for a moisturizer that will clear my skin, but also keep it hydrated without clogging my pores. I've read rave reviews about the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and the Avene Cleanance Expert so I bought them both and used them one at a time over a period of a few months. I've used them both up completely so I'd say I have a pretty accurate idea about how well they work (for me at least) and how they compare to one another. So if you're interested to see which one worked better keep on reading!

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ vs. Avene Cleanance Expert

The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ is a moisturizer with a gel like consistency that claims it's effective in reducing breakouts and eliminating blackheads. When I first started using this it dried my skin out like crazy, but after a few weeks of use my skin sort of adjusted and I was able to use it as a standalone moisturizer most of the time. For days my skin was especially dry, I would use this underneath a more hydrating moisturizer and that seemed to work fine.

Despite the fact that it's a little drying, I loooove this product. During the few months that I was using it I had zero breakouts aside from the minor pimple here and there. Whenever I would feel a blemish coming on this moisturizer would zap it right away and prevent it from fully forming. When a blemish rarely would appear, this product helped it shrink in size without the annoying flaking that a lot of acne products cause. Hooooooooowever... this did pretty much nothing for my blackheads. I guess it might have eliminated them a little bit, and it definitely did make the size of my pores appear smaller because my skin looked healthier overall, but the results weren't effective enough to make me happy. Would I buy this product again? Probably, but if you're looking for a blackhead miracle cure this isn't it.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ vs. Avene Cleanance Expert

As you can see from the picture above the Avene Cleanance Expert has similar claims to the Effaclar Duo+, but it focuses more so on the removal of blackheads which was obviously something that screamed out to me. Unlike the Effaclar Duo+, this isn't a gel and it looks like your typical creamy moisturizer. Since the consistency is different I expected it to be a little more hydrating, but my skin around my nose peeled like crazy for pretty much the entire time I used this product. In terms of breakouts, I broke out a little bit more while using this than I did when using the Effaclar Duo+. I found that it did help prevent blemishes and it quickly healed the ones that were already there, but in a drying way if that makes sense? A better way to describe it is that instead of shrinking the blemishes, it would dry them out leaving my skin really really flakey in areas I had spots or even spots that were barely formed. Hopefully that's clear and I'm not completely rambling! Like the Effaclar Duo+ this did nothing for my blackheads either.

Put really simply, both products are good, and if you have normal/oily skin you'll be able to use both as a moisturizer on it's own without any problems. If you have acne prone skin, both will help eliminate your breakouts but neither will significantly get rid of your blackheads. All in all, the Effaclar Duo+ is better, but for $10 more the results might not be THAT much better than the Avene Cleanance Expert.

Do you have any recommendations for products to eliminate blackheads? If you do, GIMME GIMME.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This stuff is very good.The product of La Roche Posay gave you very comfort to your healthy skin and product is dermatological efficacy proven in rigorous clinical studies to guarantee optimal tolerance for the most sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This review is very helpful! I will give Effaclar Duo+ a go, as soon as I am done with my current spot treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you Wrote this a long time ago, but you really should try something with a BHA-acid or AHA-acid (aha is better if you have more of a dry skin situation)! BHA is great for blackheads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review is helpful, thank you. I've been using Effaclar Duo for 4 days. It's not bad for now.. I think I'll also try the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abyone can recommend the best product to remove blackheads? my skin getting dry because of products i am using right now and nothings happen to remove my blackheads.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig