Monday, June 29, 2015

Mac Summer Lipstick Haul

Mac Summer Lipstick Haul

Okay so I may have gone a liiiiiiiiiittle bit cray at Mac on pay day. I started my addiction with Mac lipsticks not that long ago and now I'm lusting after a zillion shades that I'm slowly (eee maybe not that slowly) ticking off my wishlist and adding to my collection. In my defence, I feel like my lipstick collection is really heavy in the mauve/browny nude shades and really low in summery colours, so I needed to pick up a few to restore the balance right?

Mac Summer Lipstick Haul



As you can see, the shades I picked up are Lady Danger, Coral Bliss, All Fired Up, and Ruby Woo.

Mac Lady Danger Swatch

Lady Danger is a Matte formula that can be best described as an orange toned red. Because the colour pulls so much orange it looks amazing on warm and tanned skin tones, making it the perfect summer red shade. Right now I feel like I'm a little too fair to pull this off, so I've been pairing it with Mac's Cherry liner to pull out a little more red and make it more wearable on my skin tone. But in a few weeks when I hopefully have a little bit more colour, this is going to be my go-to.

Mac Coral Bliss Swatch

Coral Bliss is a Cremesheen formula which means it's sheer, moisturizing, and slightly glossy. Both the colour and the formula are completely outside of my comfort zone, but I wanted a summery everyday colour that I could easily throw on and that would go with a lot of different makeup looks. This colour is beeeeautiful. It's a coral shade but it isn't neon in the slightest and since it has so much pink it's very wearable, especially on my fair skin tone. I know that this is going to look even better when I have a bit of a tan and eeee I just love it.

Mac All Fired Up Swatch

All Fired Up is a Retro Matte formula which means it's extremely matte and drying, but it literally will not budge from your lips. It's a bright pinky red shade that doesn't bleed or feather, and it's one of those colours that looks good on virtually any skin tone. If you're looking for something bold but still summery, this needs to be your choice. This is actually a repurchase for me because I lost my last one, so that goes to show how much I'm in love with it. For a full review check out my post on All Fired Up here.

Mac Ruby Woo Swatch
Last but not least, Ruby Woo is a cult classic and for a good reason. It's a beautiful cool toned red that flatters every skin tone, and it's Retro Matte formula ensures that it'll stay on your lips all day long without getting on your teeth or ending up all over your face halfway through the day. Even though this isn't technically a summer inspired colour, it's a shade you can wear all year long making it a staple in every girl's makeup collection (at least that's what I convince myself when purchasing four shades at once...).

Mac Coral Bliss, Lady Danger, All Fired Up, Ruby Woo Swatch

Swatches from top to bottom: Coral Bliss, Lady Danger, All Fired Up, Ruby Woo.

Another great summer shade I picked up recently is Flat Out Fabulous. To see a full review/swatches check out my post here.

Do you own any of these shades?



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I have Lady Danger and I absolutely love it!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a splurge! But well worth it, because all of those colors looks amazing! xx

    Indre xo
    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooooow, I definitely went a little nuts but I have no self-control when it comes to Mac

      Delete
  3. Love the shades!


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel brave enough to wear such beautiful bright lipsticks :(
    But they all look amazing, especially Lady Danger x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely takes some time to build up the confidence to wear them (it's taken me forever) but they look sooo gorgeous on!

      Delete
  5. all fired up has been on my list for quite some time, actually thinking about going to pick it up today!

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my all time favourite lipsticks :)

      Delete
  6. Those swatches!! I seriously need to get a MAC lipstick I don't know how I have gone so long without one!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha but once you go Mac you never go back...

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig